Kit Carson County’s Parke Health and Stratton Medical offers Visiting Nurse Services. What is Visiting Nurse Service?
Qualifications are simple:
- You must require some type of skilled nursing care, including but not limited to:
- Wound Care
- Blood Draw
- End of Life/ Comfort Care
- Chronic Disease Management and Education
- Medication Management
- Infusion/ IV Medications
- Pre/Post-Surgical Recovery
- Ostomy Care
- PICC/Line Care
- You must be a current patient of Parke Health or Stratton Medical
- You must be “homebound” meaning that it takes considerable effort to get out of your home.
*If you or a loved one think they may qualify or have any questions regarding services provided please call the numbers provided and we would be more than happy to help you.
Some examples of how we can help:
We can assist yourself or a loved one with a variety of skilled nursing services to include learning about new medications or procedures, routine lab work, administering IM or IV medications, pre/post-surgical care, wound care, or recovery from a hospital stay.
Visiting Nurse Service is similar to Home Health and Hospice but we do not offer in home physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy or a home health aide. We also do not provide medications, all medications must be ordered by your provider and picked up from your preferred pharmacy. Medical supplies such as hygiene products are also not included but the Visiting Nurse Service can however help with resources.